Saturday, July 18, 2009

Slow Progress.....

I knew as soon as I made the commitment to start a blog, my life would once again become hectic and I would not be able to find the time to make a post. Finally I have made the time. Thanks to everyone who has checked out the blog and to those who have been nice enough to leave kind comments.
Work has totally consumed my life in the past week and as of yesterday our household has a new boarder who is already stressing me to the max. Shar is my parents 9 year old Lhasa Apso whom is a bit out of sorts at the moment. Poor old fella, he will be residing with us for 3 weeks, until my parents return from their holiday! Lets hope he and Oscar don't kill each other.


No real progress with the extensions at the moment! Marc and I spent last Saturday in the rain transporting ute loads of rubbish to the tip and scrap metal and bricks to the recyclers. Finally the backyard is looking a little more respectable (by the way if anyone needs some free bricks let me know).


I phoned the builder on Thursday whom advised he is still awaiting the soil test results and has pushed the start date back another 2 weeks!!!!


I have however made some progress in my craft life. Thursday week ago I caught up with the lovely Steph in Daylesford. Over a pot of tea and some knitting she motivated me to get out some unfinished projects. So last Sunday I did some cross stitch. A good friend gave me this lovely Babushka doll cross stitch over 6 months ago, I did start it at the time but as usual my work takes over and it ends up back in the craft cupboard with all of the other half finished projects. I was pretty happy with my progress last weekend and will be sure to make the time to do some more today.

1 comment:

  1. Bricks....yes please....I ran out making a border for my veggie garden...

    ReplyDelete